Back while I was working on a campaign, I often wanted to make something sweet, but didn’t really have enough time for a full blown baking adventure. That’s where rice krispie treat variations saved me – in 15 minutes or less, you’re done and can get back to work.
Cake batter rice krispies are one of my favorites because you can add lots of sprinkles, and really, doesn’t everything taste better with sprinkles?
Cake Batter Rice Krispies
5 tablespoons butter (salted)
6 cups Rice Krispies
1 bag marshmallows (mini or regular)
1/3 cup cake mix (make your own cake mix!)
1) Butter a 9×13 inch pan (Use real butter, PAM won’t cut it here).
2) In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat, stirring regularly.
3) Add the bag of marshmallows to the melted butter, and stir until melted completely.
4) Remove from heat, and add the cake mix. Make sure it is completely stirred into the marshmallow mixture.
5) Add rice krispies, and sprinkles. I usually use about a cup of sprinkles, but use your best judgement here.
6) Press firmly into the 9×13 inch pan, and add a few more sprinkles on top for good measure. Let cool completely before eating.