This all started earlier this week when a twitter follower of mine suggested making beer muffins.
Beer muffins you ask? What are those?
Well, they’re basically muffins, but using beer instead of yeast, and adding cheese. As you might imagine, my response was a combination of “um, what?” and “YES PLEASE.”
So this was my first attempt – using Corona and Monterey Jack. Don’t worry, there will be plenty more to come.
Corona and Monterey Jack Muffins
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded, plus extra for sprinkling
2 green onions, chopped (whites and greens)
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick) plus 2 tablespoons (separate)
1 Coronita (or 7 oz Corona)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and prepare a muffin pan with Pam.
2) Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
3) Add shredded cheese and green onions and mix.
4) Melt 1/4 cup of butter, and add to dry mixture. Add beer, and stir until just barely mixed.
5) Fill muffin tins 2/3 of the way full. Melt the additional two tablespoons of butter, and drizzle over the muffins. Top with shredded cheese.
6) Bake for 18-20 minutes, then eat while still warm.