After my first successful adventure with beer muffins, I decided to try my hand at another recipe, this time with a beer I’m much more likely to have around the house – Guinness. I paired it with a sharp cheddar, and tossed in some green onions for a little extra kick.
Like the other beer muffins, these are best served warm – and I won’t judge you if you eat them for dinner.
Guinness and Cheddar Muffins
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, plus extra for sprinkling
2 green onions, chopped (whites and greens)
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick) plus 2 tablespoons (separate)
6 oz Guinness
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and prepare a muffin pan with Pam.
2) Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
3) Add shredded cheese and green onions and mix.
4) Melt 1/4 cup of butter, and add to dry mixture. Add beer, and stir until just barely mixed.
5) Fill muffin tins 2/3 of the way full. Melt the additional two tablespoons of butter, and drizzle over the muffins. Top with shredded cheese.
6) Bake for 18-20 minutes, then eat while still warm.