Last night, I went to hear Anthony Bourdain speak at DAR Constitution Hall. It reinforced two beliefs:
1) I would like to get paid to cook and eat and travel the world.
2) I should do more boozy baking.
With that in mind, I came home and promptly made these bourbon truffles. I’d suggest you do the same.
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
3 cups mini chocolate chips
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 tablespoons bourbon (I used buffalo trace)
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1) In a medium saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk and mini chocolate chips, and heat over medium heat until fully melted.
2) Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla and bourbon.
3) Chill in fridge for 2-4 hrs (I left them overnight, but that’s not necessary).
4) Roll mixture into 1 inch balls, and roll in cocoa powder. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours to set.