And what better than champagne cupcakes?
Champagne cupcakes (adapted from Gimme Some Oven)
2 3/4 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
11 tablespoons butter (salted)
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup champagne
6 egg whites
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and prepare muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2) In a stand mixer, using the whisk attachment, beat egg whites until they form soft peaks. Transfer to another bowl and set aside.
3) Using stand mixer, mix butter and sugar until fluffy. Combine flour and baking powder, then add while mixing on medium speed. Slowly pour in champagne and mix until just combined.
4) Gently fold in the egg whites. You’ll want to use your hands – and this will get messy, but don’t overmix.
5) Fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full.
6) Cook for 22-25 minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
7) Let cool before frosting. I recommend champagne frosting, of course!