If you remember, back in the day I made beer cupcakes. They were savory, with green onions and cheddar cheese and enough weight to count as a meal.
They were delicious -but sometimes, your friends bring you fruit beer, and then what’s a gal to do?
Make cupcakes. Obviously.
Raspberry beer cupcakes with white chocolate chunks and raspberry beer frosting
For the cupcakes
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
3/4 cup white chocolate chunks
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
6 oz raspberry beer (I used Shocktop)
For the frosting
6 oz raspberry beer
3 tablespoons butter
Powdered sugar (approx 1.5 cups)
1) Preheat the oven to 350, and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
2) Mix flour and baking powder in a bowl
3) Add white chocolate chunks.
4) Melt butter, and add to the mixture.
5) Add beer, and stir until just barely mixed. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full, and bake for 18-22 minutes (or until knife inserted comes out clean).
6) In a separate bowl, combine melted butter, raspberry beer, and powdered sugar until the frosting is the consistency you want. As you can tell from the picture, I ran out of powdered sugar, so…prepare better than I did.