Let’s start with the basics: a simple sugar cookie.
Then let’s add a twist: cream cheese in place of eggs.
And kick it up a notch: eggnog in the frosting.
Find a friend to decorate and voila: the best sugar cookies you’ve ever had.
Cream cheese sugar cookies
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter (salted, room temperature)
6 oz cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 1/3 cups flour
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a stand mixer, combine cream cheese and sugar – mix well. Add sugar and beat until smooth.
3) Add vanilla, mix, then add flour.
4) Roll cookies out, using plenty of flour to keep them from sticking.
5) Bake 8-10 minutes, then let cool completely before frosting.
1 stick butter, softened
1/4 cup eggnog
4-5 cups powdered sugar
Combine all, and add powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached. If necessary, add more eggnog. Wait until cookies are cool to frost!