I promised Dennis when I started this 30 days adventure that I’d find him boozy cookies that he could take to a cookie swap – and since bourbon is my drink of choice, it only made sense to start there.
These aren’t the booziest cookies you’ll ever make, but they’re easy and delicious, so I think that makes up for the limited alcohol content.
White chocolate chip and bourbon cranberry oatmeal cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
11/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
3 cups oatmeal (uncooked)
1 cup cranberries
1/3 cup bourbon
1 cup white chocolate chips
1) Soak the cranberries in bourbon for half an hour.
2) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
3) In a stand mixer, combine the butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
4) Mix in the flour and baking soda
5) Mix in the oats, the bourbon and cranberries, and the white chocolate chips.
6) Roll cookies out and cook, 10-12 minutes.
7) Try to let the cookies cool before inhaling them all.