They combine all my favorite things: pumpkin, cranberries, bourbon, and more bourbon.
Warning: These cookies are not for the faint of heart. Or expectant moms. But everyone else….enjoy!
Pumpkin cookies with drunken cranberries and a bourbon glaze
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup bourbon (give or take)
- powdered sugar (2-3 cups)
1) Take 2/3 cup dried cranberries, and about 1/3 cup bourbon (you can improvise here). Let the cranberries soak for 30-60 minutes.
2) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3) In a mixing bowl, combine butter, pumpkin, and sugar. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
4) In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients, then mix into the wet ingredients. Add cranberries, and a splash (2-3 tablespoons) of the bourbon the cranberries were soaking in.
5) Roll cookies into balls, and cook for 16-18 minutes.
6) Meanwhile, make the bourbon glaze – add the remaining bourbon to powdered sugar until desired glaze consistency – I’d start with two cups, and add from there. Mix until completely combined.
7) Let cookies cool completely before glazing.