I have to give Kevin a lot of credit – I hadn’t ever really thought of soaking dried fruit in bourbon until I saw his Facebook posts, and well, it’s safe to say I’m completely addicted.
These are just a basic chocolate cookie, swapping out the cocoa powder for hershey’s special dark cocoa powder, and plus a little bourbon.
Only downside of these cookies is that they look a lot less delicious than they taste.
Dark chocolate cookies with drunken cherries
2 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 sticks salted butter, at room temperature
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup dried cherries
3 tablespoons bourbon
1) In a small cup, soak the cherries in bourbon for 30-60 minutes.
2) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3) Mix sugar and butter in a stand mixer, then stir in eggs and vanilla
4) In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, cocoa powder, and flour, then stir into the butter mixture
5) Mix in the cherries and bourbon
6) Cook for 8-10 minutes, and let cool before eating