As someone who doesn’t have a car, I often barter for help – you know, drive me to the grocery store and I’ll cook you dinner, or pick something up from Home Depot and I’ll trade you cookies.
Tonight’s trade was cookies in exchange for help carrying Thanksgiving groceries. I let Will pick his poison, and this is what he requested!
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies With Raspberry Frosting
2 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 sticks salted butter, at room temperature
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
2 tsp vanilla extract
Frosting: mix 1/2 cup raspberries, powdered sugar (approx 3 cups), 4 tablespoons of butter, and milk as needed to make raspberry frosting.
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2) Mix sugar and butter in a stand mixer, then stir in eggs and vanilla
3) In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, cocoa powder, and flour, then stir into the butter mixture
4) Mix in mini chocolate chips
5) Cook for 8-9 minutes, let cool, then frost. If desired, toss a raspberry on top.