My new grocery store is a magical, wonderful place – but the baking supply section is a bit odd. We’re talking…red cocoa powder, but no dutch process cocoa powder. Three kinds of baking powder but not a single baking soda in a resealable container.
Apparently, they also carry marzipan.
I hadn’t ever bought marzipan in a tube, and while I will say that it’s not nearly as good as homemade marzipan, it was certainly sufficient for baking purposes.
Marzipan White Chocolate Chip cookies
1/2 cup salted butter, softened
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup marzipan, cut into small pieces (I found a sharp knife worked best)
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2) In a stand mixer, combine butter and sugar until smooth, then add egg and vanilla
3) Mix flour and baking soda, then add to stand mixer
4) Mix in the chips and marzipan chunks – I had to do this by hand
5) Roll out cookies, and cook for 15 minutes or until slightly brown on the edges
6) Let cool before eating!