So far, I’ve done vanilla thumbprints (three ways) and chocolate thumbprints (two ways), so it only seems fitting to add pumpkin thumbprints (just the one way).
Warning: these will disappear pretty quickly.
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
Cinnamon for sprinkling
1) Preheat the oven to 375
2) Mix brown sugar, pumpkin, vegetable oil, and vanilla in a mixer. Once combined, add in egg and mix.
3) In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients (except powdered sugar!) Mix into the wet ingredients.
4) Roll out cookies (I used a melon baller for consistency) and cook for 6 minutes. Pull out of oven, and indent each cookie with the back of a teaspoon (or coffee scoop).
5) Cook for an additional 6 minutes, then let cool completely.
6) Mix the cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar, then pipe into the center of each cookie and sprinkle with cinnamon.