It’s been a long, long time since I’ve seen my kitchen table without cookies, which must mean we’re getting close to the end of this challenge, right?
My newest approach to 30 Days of Cookies has been begging my friends to find new recipes or flavor combinations for me to play with, since I’m just not that creative. Luckily, my friend settled on salted chocolate and I found this great Brown Eyed Baker recipe to play with. All in all, these were delicious – and more importantly, super easy.
Salted Chocolate Cookies
1¼ cups flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
11 tablespoons salted butter, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp sea salt (I used kosher salt)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2) In a stand mixer, combine butter and both kinds of sugar. Mix in vanilla.
3) In a separate bowl, combine cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, and sea salt
4) Mix dry ingredients into the stand mixer – the dough will be crumbly
5) Roll into balls, and cook for 12 minutes. Let cool slightly, then sprinkle with additional kosher salt